Monday, March 26, 2007

UMPC - My little baby

7.a.m.
Today, first thing in the morning after waking up, I looked if my UMPC was still where I had layed it down in the evening. Well, some might think I am a little bit crazy, but if you one day hold a UMPC in your hands, you will understand. It becomes your baby! You take it with you everywhere you go, you check if it is hungry (if the battery is low), you clean it if it gets dirty, but best thing it is almost always friendly to you!

8.30 a.m.
After having a fast cup of coffee, I checked my watch and realised I really have to speed up in order to catch my train. I finally got to the train station on time, but the train was announced with twenty minutes delay. Before, I would have been annoyed about it, but with my UMPC the waiting time is not lost! I therefore started to go through my presentation which I will have to do this afternoon. During my journey in the train, I could also access Internet and therefore could read and answer my emails. Hence when I arrived in my office, I had already done some work so that I could start my working day more relaxed.

12 a.m.
After working the whole morning with my cute UMPC, we both were hungry. I left it alone, but not without knocking the office door behind me, as my colleagues are really jealous that I have such a nice device. But also during lunch time I kept on thinking about it. Why? Because I need to arrange quite a lot of things until tonight, as I have organized the first UMPC Lan-Party together with three other UMPC-friends of mine. The best thing is that we can do the party in my tiny apartement, as we don’t need a big table. Everybody can have its own UMPC in his hands.

5 p.m.
Time to leave the office. My presentation is over and was jugded as very good by my boss. The meeting was far longer as scheduled, but thanks to my UMPC and its long battery life, we made it through the meeting! I headed home to prepare everything for our party.

7 p.m.
We made it! Everything worked and we just started gaming! My UMPC is lying on my lap. In one hand I have a beer bottle and with the other hand I try to beat my friends!

11.30 p.m.
Four hours of gaming are over. It was really so cool and relaxing, sitting on the sofa and playing with the UMPCs. I am quite tired now, but also very satisfied! Have to put my UMPC to bed and then I can also go to find some sleep! Good night!

No comments: